RSS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

PROPAGANDA 2011 *dramatic music*

Hey everyone,

Finally, a post I can actually enjoy because I can heap a ton of abuse on Fox news.

Hey, it's the best example of propaganda I can think of.

So, I pulled up the definition of propaganda:
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement,institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
4. Roman Catholic Church .
a committee of cardinals, established in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV, having supervision over foreign missions and the training of priests for these missions.
b. a school (College of Propaganda)  established by Pope Urban VIII for the education of priests forforeign missions.
5. Archaic . an organization or movement for the spreading of propaganda.
Now, let's think. Which of these definitions apply to Fox?
 
Not the Catholic Church one, that's for sure. How about the " rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement,institution, nation, etc."Well...
Anyone remember the "Death Panels"?
Also, I'm absolutely sure that the spreading of those rumors were intentional.
And, I think that Fox is just devoted to spreading these rumors.
 
I actually believe that they're only doing it because they hate the fact that an African-American guy is president. I also think that's why the Republican top priority is "to make sure Obama is a one term president".  It just sickens me. 
 
Now, what do you readers think? Is Fox secretly overtly trying to destroy Obama? I'd honestly like to see some debate... 
 
Anyways, til' next week
-- Noah

P.S. Word of the Week!

malinger

\ muh-LING-guhr \  , intransitive verb;
1.To feign or exaggerate illness or inability in order to avoid duty or work.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Noah Suárez-Sikes 2010. Okay, I'm lying, but if you steal this, no homework help. BAM!. Powered by Blogger.

The Almighty HIT COUNTER!